Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to our FAQ Page
Style on Jackson has been selling designer preloved clothing in Wellington for over 20 years. Over this time we have developed a thorough process to ensure only the best quality garments make it onto the shop floor. Once garments are brought freshly laundered into store by a consigning customer, the process is as follows:
- Garments are checked for seasonality, age, style and condition; this is done with the consignor as time allows.
- Garments are hung up and rechecked for damage and cleanliness. If a garment does not pass this screen it is packed up and the consignor is asked to collect it.
- All garments, shoes, bags and accessories are then steam sanitised. This process kills anything that may be lingering, removes wrinkles and takes away any laundry powder or drycleaning odors. As steaming is an involved process, this is also a good opportunity to give the items another good look over before they go for sale.
- Garments are then priced, based on a number of factors including season, age, condition and brand.
- If the garments will also go online, they are photographed and then put forward for sale in our store.
You can read more about the benefits of steaming garments here.
As we are a boutique selling single versions of each garment, our stock turnover is high and garments do not last long. However, if you have seen something you really like please message us and we will check our stock for you.
Yes you can, however this will need to be set up for you. Please contact us and we will email you a gift card for your store credit amount, and a discount code.
These gift cards will only be valid for the time we are forced to close the face to face side of our operation. Once we re-open as normal, the store credit process will return to normal.
Yes - please keep an eye on the headline banner on the home page for details